/etc/init.d/functions patch

Brett generica at email.com
Wed Dec 13 13:20:46 PST 2000

Hey,

on an unrelated issue...
>From the devfsd docs

---------------------
NOTE that the line you put into the boot
script should be exactly:

/sbin/devfsd /dev

DO NOT use some special daemon-launching
programme, otherwise the boot script may not wait for devfsd to finish
initialising.
---------------------

my _personal_ solution, which is best when switching between 2.2 and 2.4
is this in rc.sysinit, before all the sysinit stuff is callled...

if [ `/sbin/kernelversion` = 2.2 ]
then
       	/sbin/devfsd /dev
fi