sysklogd-1.4 w/kernel 2.4.0-testXX?

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Dec 14 05:06:33 PST 2000

> with HTTP/HTTPS, if the header has 'host: quasar.highos.com' it's easy for
> the webserver to give the proper information..but FTP doesn't have such an
> entry.. which is why you have to use IPs, no?

Sounds about right, although if I connect to the server using a specific
hostname proftpd should be able to read that out (i'm pretty sure on the IP
packet level that information is sent out too). But who knows why it isn't
working like that. Perhaps things aren't as simple as I (would like to) think
they are

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org