/etc/init.d/functions patch

Caleb Land bokonon at rochester.rr.com
Thu Dec 14 11:49:41 PST 2000

	The loadproc function doesn't seem to have a problem with devfsd... I
*did* read that part of the documentation, but after looking at the
loadproc function, it didn't seem to do anything special that would cause
devfsd not to work correctly.

	I like devfs, but can't seem to get the permissions to work right
on certain devices (like dsp/video)  In a mainstream boxed distro the
permissions of the devices change depending on who is logged into the
computer (I believe you have to be logged in *at* the box itself for them
to change, but I don't know).  Now, I set devfsd up to save the ownership
of the files, but if another person logs into the box, I think I have to
change it manually, though I haven't tried it yet, since no one else has
logged in.  I could always make a ``media'' group, but I was wondering if
you know how to duplicate the fucntionality of redhat and other disros WRT
device ownership

Sincerely,
Caleb Land

---