/etc/init.d/functions patch

Sergey Ostrovsky sostrovsky at snip.net
Thu Dec 14 19:49:53 PST 2000

Caleb Land wrote:

>         The loadproc function doesn't seem to have a problem with devfsd... I
> *did* read that part of the documentation, but after looking at the
> loadproc function, it didn't seem to do anything special that would cause
> devfsd not to work correctly.

<snip>

Using loadproc() makes sense just together with killproc() - all they do is
checking
running processes and existing PIDs in /var/run.
Devfsd must be started _before_ any fsck(s), that means your root is mounted ro
at that
time. Therefore you can't create any pid(s). So do just this - start devfsd
before any fsck(s),
and rw remounting. Should work fine.

Sergey Ostrovsky.

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org