Removing optimizations from the book

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Dec 15 07:40:26 PST 2000

Hi guys,

The compiler optimizations are going to be removed from the book because
often it's causing more problems that it's worth.

I would like to see a hint instead on this, but I'm not going to be the one
writing it (sorry). If somebody feels compelled to contribute to LFS by
writing a compiler optimization hint, please do so. A lot of people will
appreciate it.

I know somebody (sorry I forgot your name) is working on a cross-compilation
hint. It can easily be expanded with native compiler optimization (as opposed
to alien compiler optimization ala cross compiling). Of course it doesn't
have to be done this way, but it's an option.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org