local settings for germany

Shlok Smári Datye shlok at ript.net
Fri Dec 15 09:57:37 PST 2000

First you should search for the dir where the keyboard layouts are stored. I
don't really remember where.
To search just type "find / -name *.kmap.gz

Then, you should try to modify /etc/init.d/loadkeys and look for where
loadkeys is executed and have the 2nd argument point to the layout file.

Example:

/usr/bin/loadkeys <path-to-layouts>/<mylayout>.kmap.gz

I don't really think you need the "-d > dev/null", so just remove it.

Hope it helps.
Shlok