rc Directories

Ainsley Pereira marble at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Dec 17 11:29:21 PST 2000

In message <001101c0685b$06024aa0$b4c9accf at mmiller>
          "Mike Miller" <mhmtech at mailandnews.com> wrote:

> I was just wondering, what's the best (yes, I know there are probably 10
> ways to do it!) way to start a program upon boot.. like gpm, or inetd? I
> know I can create files in the rc?.d subdirectories, and link them to
> start-stop scripts in init.d, but that seems kinda overkill to start gpm..
> or is it not? Thanks!

No, that's the normal way to go about such things. You could have a 'local'
script that grouped together a bunch of such small things though.

~a.

   / Ainsley Pereira       /   aka Marble on Snowplains   /
  /                       / telnet://snowplains.org:3456 /

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org