cleaning out tmp

Jeffery McLean jeffery at meowpawjects.com
Mon Dec 18 06:09:25 PST 2000

On Sunday 17 December 2000 04:52 pm, you wrote:
> Heya,
>   I thought I remembered hearing on this list that there existed
> a hint about cleaning out the tmp dirs.  I couldn't find it in the
> archives.  Do people use tmpwatch?  Or just a rm -rf /tmp upon
> startup?

I use rm -rf /tmp/* on shutdown myself

Why shutdown? shortens boot up time.. frees the system up for more
importent things... and that disk cleanning event runs faster when
it has less...
also if the system crashed (didn't go through powerdown)
I get to look over everything in /tmp to see any clues
an automatic cleanup on powerup won't give me that chance....

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org