Fw: Patches for glibc-2.2...

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Dec 18 12:29:43 PST 2000

On December 16, 2000 07:36 pm, you wrote:

> > Here are the patches again. I never did update my site with all of them.
> Someday... ---scott

Thanks. I've got them safe too now.

Ok, now that Glibc' 2.2 is considered stable it's time for me to start
building LFS systems and test Glibc. I will not just test glibc if it works
with the packages from the book but I'm going to reinstall my own system
based on glibc-2.2 and see if it's stable with programs like XFree86, KDE2
and a whole slew of other programs. The fact is that a lot of program may not
compile nicely with this new glibc because they need time to adjust to the
new Glibc version. Then it may not be advisable to run Glibc-2.2 on our
machines if a lot of software won't run properly. But that all remains to be
seen. I have read messages by people who have a running LFS system based on
Glibc-2.2 so perhaps it's not all as bad as it may seem.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org