Shortcuts

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Dec 18 12:36:57 PST 2000

On December 18, 2000 12:14 am, you wrote:
> Just a couple of shortcuts I've been using while building LFS, thought I'd
> share them.
>
> In making directories, the mkdir man1 man2 man3... line can be shortened to
> "mkdir man{1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8}".

That I like.

> And instead of unzipping patch files before using the patch line is
> unnecessary.  Just use zcat.  (i.e.  zcat ../sources/findutils-4.1.patch.gz
>
> | patch -Np1 -i - )

That works nicely yes, though I will not add it to the book for the simple
reason that if people actually read chapter 2 it says they alwyas have to
unpack the files they put /usr/src so a zcat will fail if they do it by the
book. But a nice hint anyways for the powerusers here who don't do it by the
book anymore (like me, yes I'm bad)

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org