ppc support again?

Florin Boariu florin at bnv-bamberg.de
Tue Dec 19 01:41:28 PST 2000

Hi!

Gerard, you told me that you found someone to support the ppc version of
the book aswell. Does this include X?

I finished the installation of LFS on my iBook, at least the basic
packages and basic networking, but I can't manage to install X.

I'm having too little knowledge about this one. I don't exactly know how
things work on such devices (can I configure it to use the ATI Rage 128
chip? Or should I use some frame-buffer X-Server?) and I'm having a hard
time finding docs.

Can anyone point me to some docs on how Xvfb works?

best regards,
florin.

P.S.: Does anyone have a clue why console switching via ALT+F<whatever>
might not work?

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org