Fw: Patches for glibc-2.2...

Thomas 'Balu' Walter tw at itreff.de
Tue Dec 19 07:21:46 PST 2000

+-Gerard Beekmans-(gerard at linuxfromscratch.org)-[18.12.00 22:20]:
> On December 16, 2000 07:36 pm, you wrote:
>
> > > Here are the patches again. I never did update my site with all of them.
> > Someday... ---scott
>
> Thanks. I've got them safe too now.
>
> Ok, now that Glibc' 2.2 is considered stable it's time for me to start
> building LFS systems and test Glibc. I will not just test glibc if it works
> with the packages from the book but I'm going to reinstall my own system
> based on glibc-2.2 and see if it's stable with programs like XFree86, KDE2
> and a whole slew of other programs. The fact is that a lot of program may not
> compile nicely with this new glibc because they need time to adjust to the
> new Glibc version. Then it may not be advisable to run Glibc-2.2 on our
> machines if a lot of software won't run properly. But that all remains to be
> seen. I have read messages by people who have a running LFS system based on
> Glibc-2.2 so perhaps it's not all as bad as it may seem.

I have to stress that,

I had kinda few problems with glibc-2.2 and got back to my normal
system.

Gerard - please be so kind and notify us and the maintainer of the
software-packages about patches you find :)

BTW - when will 2.4.4 be out? And will the next version be 2.5.0 and
contain glibc-2.2, kernel 2.4?

I am looking forward to the new millenium (which is starting next year,
not as most people thought - this year ;)

    Ba-on."holiday"-lu

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org