Fw: Patches for glibc-2.2...

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Dec 19 11:14:36 PST 2000

> I had kinda few problems with glibc-2.2 and got back to my normal
> system.
>
> Gerard - please be so kind and notify us and the maintainer of the
> software-packages about patches you find :)

I most definately will.

> BTW - when will 2.4.4 be out? And will the next version be 2.5.0 and
> contain glibc-2.2, kernel 2.4?

Well I plan to release 2.4.4 at some point early next year. But, as we know
when a major package updates, the major version number of LFS goes up too.
This means if Glibc-2.2. proves to be stable enough for use, there may not be
a LFS-2.4.4 but it'll become a LFS-3.0.0 and we'll start hacking on that one.
This way we keep lfs-1.x glibc-2.0 based, lfs-2.x glibc-2.1 based and lfs-3.x
glibc-2.2 based and so forth. So far only a Glibc upgrade results in LFS book
major version number increase.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org