SIOCSIFADDR?

ken_i_m ken_i_m at elegantinnovations.com
Tue Dec 19 11:48:15 PST 2000

At 08:24 PM 12/19/00 +0100, you wrote:
>make menuconfig   [for ncurses interface]
>make xconfig  [for xwindow interface]
>make config    [for text-console interface]
>
>it's BNF style :)  [backus-naur]
>
>greetings,
>Mario

Oh,  so I run through the menuconfig (in my case) and the only thing I need
to look at is in the "network devices" and select the driver, exit out of
the menu (saving the config). Then run the commands "make modules" and
"make modules_install".

I then created the /etc/modules.conf file.

Now, on boot up I get:

Bringing up the eth0 interface. . . metmask: Host name lookup failure
SIOCSIFADDR: Invalid argument

um...what are the commands for getting the networking to start up without
having to reboot. After all that is suppose to be one of the benefits of
running Linux over Windoze i.e. not having to reboot every time I make a
system change.

I think, therefore, ken_i_m

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org