Fileutils, dircolors.c: compilation problems.

Andy Peeters andy.peeters at advalvas.be
Tue Dec 19 12:33:54 PST 2000

Hi,

I working on my 4th LFS system and most problems I had, were easy to solve.
Also I never had a problem with compiling the Fileutils package until now.

To install the first 3 LFS systems, I used a Linux distrubution (Finnix)
based on RedHat 6.1 running from CD-ROM. Everything went fine. Today I
wanted to install LFS 2.4.3 but instead of glibc 2.1.3 I wanted to use glibc
2.2. This forced me to switch to RedHat 7 because glibc 2.2 doesn't want to
compile with make 3.77 which was included with Finnix.

OK, no problem I switch over to RH 7, everything compiles fine until the
Fileutils package. GCC complains about the file dircolors.c. The error
message is (something like that): "not enough parameters for the macro
strndup".

Any idea's? Is there something I need to install? I guess not because I
installed everything of RH 7 except X, KDE, Gnome, games, multimedia and all
those others things you don't need to compile sources.

Andy.

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org