proftpd

Simon Perreault nomis80 at videotron.ca
Tue Dec 19 13:35:19 PST 2000

On Tuesday 19 December 2000 16:30, you wrote:
> I haven't followed this proftpd thread too closely - if it's between
> Unix-like system (e.g. Linux <-> Linux), NFS is a nice, *performant*
> choice.

>From the NFS-HOWTO:
The first thing to remember is that NFS is a slow protocol. It has high
overhead. Using NFS is almost like using kermit to transfer files. It's slow.
Almost anything is faster than NFS. FTP is faster. HTTP is faster. rcp is
faster. ssh is faster.

Now THAT's performance!

--
--Support your government, give Echelon / Carnivore something to parse--

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org