proftpd

Florin Boariu florin at bnv-bamberg.de
Tue Dec 19 13:46:41 PST 2000

There were some issues with NFS when mounting r/w, IIRC. I'm not quite
sure, but I think NFS is required to actually wait until the data is
written *physically* on disk before it returns. Again, that might not be
true for more recent versions.

I got this some time ago from the Beowulf list, where there was some talk
about NFS swapping. NFS read access is pretty fast (that's why it makes
sense to mount /usr over NFS), but they said you really don't want to
write to NFS...

Can someone give me more information on this? I'd like to know for sure
myself...

florin.

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org