proftpd

Stefan Hoffmeister linuxfromscratch.mailinglist at Econos.de
Tue Dec 19 14:30:29 PST 2000

: On Tue, 19 Dec 2000 17:17:38 -0500, Simon Perreault wrote:

>For example, what's my user name in Win98?

You have to *have* a user name - IOW, an out-of-the-box Windows
Playstation doesn't have any user name; you need to turn this on somewhere
in the control panel and you need to require users to login at that dialog
(and not press Escape)

[That's about all the experience I have with Windows Playstation, sorry. I
am fluent in NT and W2K, though ;-)]

>Maybe SMB is easier to set up, but the docs for NFS are much better done.
>That makes NFS easier to set up.

The O'Reilly Samba book (free download) is excellent reading.

>That's where I got stuck. I was so close!!!

  http://localhost:901/

assuming that you have SWAT running (or in inetd.conf)

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org