SIOCSIFADDR: Invalid argument

Simon Perreault nomis80 at videotron.ca
Tue Dec 19 18:59:38 PST 2000

On Tuesday 19 December 2000 20:30, ken_i_m wrote:
> At 05:13 PM 12/19/00 -0700, I wrote:
> >ping: unknown protocol icmp
>
> I tried compiling the netkit-base package again. I am getting really ugly
> errors.
>
> Rebooting into RedHat and running make on same package does NOT give ugly
> errors. I seem to have screwed something up. Pretty bad I would say. I
> think I am going to have a cup of tea and think about it. Then I will most
> likely wipe the partition clean and start over
> "...FromScratch".
> Yesh!

I wouldn't do that. Linux is not like Windows: you don't need to reformat to
get a "clean install". Fixing your problem should not be that hard.

What king of "ugly errors" are you exactly getting? Paste the output, maybe
someone can help you.

--
--Support your government, give Echelon / Carnivore something to parse--

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org