proftpd

Richard Lightman richard at reika.demon.co.uk
Wed Dec 20 03:37:28 PST 2000

Misquoted from Jesse Tie Ten Quee on 2000/12/19 at 17:59 +0000:

> I don't plan on giving NFS another shot, id prefer to use a different
> Network Filesystem :)

Anyone done coda? I have compiled it, but I have not yet tried
starting it up. If there is some enthusiasm, I will put a hint
together and post it to lfs-apps.

A quick warning of what coda involves:
Recompiling your kernel with coda support
Fiddling with db if you use glibc-2.2
Packages lwp and rvw (compile easily but what do they do?)
A coda cache partition is recommended

Coda is not like Network Failure System or Server Mostly Blocked
Take a look at the destructions at:
ftp://ftp.wu-wien.ac.at/pub/systems/coda/doc/coda-doc-5.2.0-1.tgz

Richard
Lazy backup system: photocopy the hard disk.