Gnome-KDE

Craig M. Reece craigthulu at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 20 04:54:28 PST 2000

I prefer the way that KDE looks and operates, however, I have both
environments installed because there are certain programs that GNOME has that
KDE doesn't (gftp, for one) or that certain programs need to look nice
(freeciv has a GTK interface that I prefer to its default). I probably don't
need to load all of GNOME to get these things, but it is currently simpler to
do so.

I haven't installed sawfish though, just the rest of the GNOME packages and
everything seems to run okay in KDE.

On Wednesday, December 20, 2000 08:08 am, Seri Al-Najjar spoke thusly:

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org