Gnome-KDE

Mike Hildebrandt mikehild at insight.org
Wed Dec 20 08:27:28 PST 2000

My personal preference is Gnome, but when I try to describe why I like it, I
really can't give any specific reason.  For some reason I just do.  For
other people it's the other way around, with them being attracted to KDE.  I
don't think it's really possible to say one is better than the other.

As far as the installation side of things (when installing from source), KDE
is easier to install, but IIRC needs more HD space than Gnome.  Gnome relies
on quite a few libraries that need to be installed on an LFS system first,
so it's a little trickier to get installed, plus you also need an external
window manager.

So, just try out both of them and use whichever _you_ feel more comfortable
in.  Linux is about choice, after all. =)