apache, ftp etc users

Matthias Minich matthias at planet-minich.de
Wed Dec 20 08:59:30 PST 2000

hello out there,

I've successfully build my first LFS ;-) Now I try to continue with apache,
wu-ftp and stuff like that... But if I try to install those progs / run
them, I get error-msgs telling me that some users couldn't be found. That's
OK, I didn't create them. But if I do so, what rights, groups must they
belong to? For example I need 'bin', 'nouser', 'nogroup' (it's a group, OK,
but same prob.), 'nobody' and 'whateveryoucanimagine'.

any ideas, how to do that?

thanks a lot, matthias

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org