unsubscribe

Vodden, Richard richard.vodden at ic.ac.uk
Wed Dec 20 14:23:04 PST 2000

-----Original Message-----
From: Corey Cox [mailto:sleepnir at usa.net]
Sent: 20 December 2000 07:22
To: lfs-discuss at linuxfromscratch.org
Subject: Re: [Re: SIOCSIFADDR?]

> ...or if the driver isn't a module, you have to give the io to the
kernel by
> booting like this:
> ...where <irq> is the irq number (ex: 10),
> <io> is the IO base address in hex (ex: 0x240),
> and <name> is the device name of the network card (ex: eth0).

I have mine working as a module with io=0x240 irq=5 and name used in
scripts is eth0.  So where woud I put the above line?  Is it a lilo thing
or does it go into one of the boot scripts?  And is that the exact syntax
(after filling in values)?  Also will it be any faster to run in the
kernel?  I should have a really small kernel when I am done.

Corey Cox.

--

Corey Cox.

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org