SIOCSIFADDR: Invalid argument

ken_i_m ken_i_m at elegantinnovations.com
Thu Dec 21 04:45:34 PST 2000

At 02:42 PM 12/20/00 -0500, you wrote:
> > Then I don't understand why ping does not know what icmp is.
>
>you probably don't have the /etc/protocols file then. Did you copy that file
>as directed when installed netkit-base ?

I turned all the command sequences from the book into shell scripts. Upon
check the script for netkit-base . . . No, the cp command got missed. My
lame excuse is that it is at the very end and I got impatient to see if it
would work. I also remember wanting to take a look at the other files in
the etc.sample directory. Maybe that is why I left it out. Whatever....

Upon reboot I get:

Warning: unable to start initial console.

It seems that I managed to break something else in the meantime. Running a
search on that error line at google.com/linux - the first result back is
form the lfs-discuss mailing list where I had this problem on November 5th.

Well, I have to get ready for work. Yep, the Doctor says my foot is healed
enough that I have to go back. Well, it was certainly fun hanging out
around here this past month. Later . . .

I think, therefore, ken_i_m

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org