[Re: [Re: SIOCSIFADDR?]]

Simon Perreault nomis80 at videotron.ca
Thu Dec 21 10:28:36 PST 2000

On Thursday 21 December 2000 13:17, Corey Cox wrote:
> I must have been unclear... I understand modules and I have that working
> just fine.  I want to change it to running in the kernel (because network
> will always be running) how do I pass the kernel these parameters?
>
> my network module is currently ne irq=5 io=0x240.  Thanks in advance.

Then you need to compile the ne in the kernel (I trust you know how to do
that) and then, if it doesn't detect your card automatically, try to boot
like this:

boot: linux ether=5,0x240,eth0

You don't type the "boot:", I just put it there to symbolize the LILO boot
prompt. And "linux" may be changed to what you have specified in
/etc/lilo.conf. "ether=..." is a way to pass arguments to the kernel. There
are other arguments you may pass to it if you wish. Type "man bootparam" for
more info. If the NIC is detected, and you wish to make the "ether=..." part
permanent, add this line to your lilo.conf corresponding section:

append="ether=5,0x240,eth0"

Once again, "man lilo.conf" for more info.

--
--Support your government, give Echelon / Carnivore something to parse--

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org