Gnome/Sawfish questions

Shlok Smári Datye shlok at ript.net
Fri Dec 22 08:04:32 PST 2000

Hi

I have now installed Gnome/Sawfish successfully. But I still have questions.

1. When starting up Gnome (with a large logo in a window), it halts for some
time at the message "starting gnome-wm". Anyone know why?

2. Is there a way to get rid of the icons (I think it was called gmc or gmp
or something) off the taskbar (not the desktop)? Or just get rid of the
whole taskbar?

3. On Gnome/Sawfish startup, I get message "You are running a Window Manager
which is not compatible with Gnome". But Sawfish should be compatible,
right?

Thank you for previous help.
--
Shlok Smári Datye