Rebooting...modprobe errors

Benjamin Pharr benpharr at freedom2000net.com
Fri Dec 22 18:22:53 PST 2000

I have made it to the point where I have to reboot and I'm getting an
error.  I reboot, LILO comes up, I make my selection, and it begins the
boot process.  While everything is warming up I repeatedly get the message:

modprobe: modprobe: Can't open dependencies file
/lib/modules/2.2.18/modules.dep (No Such File or Directory )

I installed the kernel exactly as I was supposed to in the book (except for
the version :-)  Any help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Ben Pharr
benpharr at freedom2000net.com

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org