Gnome/Sawfish questions

Simon Perreault nomis80 at videotron.ca
Fri Dec 22 19:27:15 PST 2000

On Thursday 21 December 2000 19:23, John E. Garrott, Sr wrote:
> 1. Not really.  If you are allowing gnome to start the
> window manager, it is probably just pulling it off the
> disk, starting it and setting up menus.

I remember trying gnome, and that's what made me change to KDE2 (among other
things). This is ABNORMAL waiting. There is no disk scratching, no CPU
activity. The launcher is just waiting for something to get back to him, but
it finally times out.

Just wanna say that Shlok's impression of the system "halting for some time"
is right and not mistaken for "the system thinking".

--
--Support your government, give Echelon / Carnivore something to parse--

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org