username to uid resolution when chrooting the first time

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Sat Dec 23 09:59:30 PST 2000

Yo,

On Sat, Dec 23, 2000 at 04:56:01PM +0100, Daniel Roethlisberger wrote:
> Would changing the underlying RedHat's passwd/group files to
> match the $LFS one help? But I fear doing so might have severe
> consequences on the RedHat system. Thoughts?

Is glibc installed (aka libnss) and your triple-lemma-sure (uhh, what
was that? :) that /etc/group, /etc/passwd are good?

When you chroot to $LFS, it should re-read all configuration information
and not have _anything_ resembling to the previous Host..so, no hacking
RH would be just that, a hack, not fixing the problem.

Anyways, double check that libnss is installed..then get back to us..

-

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org