Run levels, ls -la, /dev/random

Benjamin Pharr benpharr at freedom2000net.com
Sun Dec 24 00:06:16 PST 2000

I have three questions regarding my newly completed LFS system:

1.) I know the purpose of the run levels in my distro, but I was wondering
what the author had in mind for the functionality of run levels 2-5 on the
LFS system.

2.) Try doing a `ls -la | less` on your LFS system..  It gives me some
weird characters around the filenames.  Is this happening to anyone
else?  Anyone know how to fix it?

3.) How can I make /dev/random and/or  /dev/urandom for my LFS system.

Thanks in advance!

Ben Pharr

--Support your government, give Echelon / Carnivore something to parse--

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org