procps compile problem

Daniel Roethlisberger admin at roe.ch
Mon Dec 25 20:05:29 PST 2000

Hi again,

Well, I ran into problems again. This time I cannot compile the
procps package without an "gcc internal compiler error"!?

[$LFS/proc mounted and chrooted into $LFS:]
root at wizard:/usr/src/procps-2.0.7 # make -f Makefile2
Makefile2:198: warning: overriding commands for target `install_snice'
Makefile2:182: warning: ignoring old commands for target `install_snice'
Makefile2:200: warning: overriding commands for target `install_kill'
Makefile2:178: warning: ignoring old commands for target `install_kill'
Makefile2:202: warning: overriding commands for target `install_pkill'
Makefile2:184: warning: ignoring old commands for target `install_pkill'
gcc -D_GNU_SOURCE -O3 -I/usr/src/procps-2.0.7 -I/usr/include/ncurses -I/usr/X11R6/include -Wall -Wno-unused -DSYSV -c skill.c
skill.c: In function `iterate':
skill.c:389: warning: suggest parentheses around assignment used as truth value
skill.c:390: warning: suggest parentheses around assignment used as truth value
gcc: Internal compiler error: program as got fatal signal 11
make: *** [skill.o] Error 1
root at wizard:/usr/src/procps-2.0.7 #

I've tried to find clues in Makefile2 and in skill.c, no luck
there. I've just no idea whatsoever what the meaning of this
internal compiler error is.

BTW: I did not add any optimisation to Makefile2, nor did I any
other modification other than running the sed command.

Cheers,
Dan

--
   Daniel Roethlisberger