comile problems (was: procps compile problem)

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Dec 26 08:46:59 PST 2000

> > Or make sure that your kernel has SLIP support enabled (it's disabled by
> > default like PPP is as well) before you try to build this package
>
> This couldn't cause the compilation to fail, as the error is based on a
> header file. It could cause the compiled program to run badly though.

True, but there are packages where the header files aren't setup
properly until you tell some program/script to setup the header files.
This could be an issue with the kernel's case. Certain header files
don't even exist until after you have run a make
config/menuconfig/whatevberconfig. From that and other things I have
seen with the kernel it can be that because the kernel isn't configured
for SLIP, the header files may not be setup properly yet. I can't verify
that, it's a hunch, but it does make sense if you think about it.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org