comile problems (was: procps compile problem)

Simon Perreault nomis80 at videotron.ca
Tue Dec 26 12:06:10 PST 2000

On Tuesday 26 December 2000 11:46, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> True, but there are packages where the header files aren't setup
> properly until you tell some program/script to setup the header files.
> This could be an issue with the kernel's case. Certain header files
> don't even exist until after you have run a make
> config/menuconfig/whatevberconfig. From that and other things I have
> seen with the kernel it can be that because the kernel isn't configured
> for SLIP, the header files may not be setup properly yet. I can't verify
> that, it's a hunch, but it does make sense if you think about it.

Yes, it does. Let's see if it corresponds to reality...

<tappity tappity tap...>

nope. I can compile net-tools fine with SLIP support without the kernel being
configured for SLIP support. So this really is a compatibility issue with the
2.4 kernel.

--
--Support your government, give Echelon / Carnivore something to parse--

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org