proftpd

Ghovs ghovs at ghovs.moo.ca
Wed Dec 27 05:56:37 PST 2000

> I reinstalled LFS and proftpd. Another problem has come.
> When I try to upload something to my FTP server I get error message "Access
> failed: 503 No PORT command issued first."
> Can anyone help?

This is because you try to upload in passive mode.

The shell ftp command in some serups requires '-A' be specified to force
active mode.
Most every ftp client can be set to active or passive mode.

Passive mode is mainly useful when you're talking to an FTP server through a
firewall, at least to me.

rgds,
Peter de Freitas

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org