Strange KDE Bug

Florian Wilhelm Florian.Wilhelm at gmx.de
Wed Dec 27 05:57:55 PST 2000

Greetings,
I have a little problem with KDE 2.0.1
I installed LFS Linux as described in the book
and it just works fine, then I installed
XFree 4.0.1 and KDE 2.0.1 as described in the
X11Guide-Book(LFS-Hints). I configured XFree86
and started KDE2 and it just worked.
After that I installed rpm 4.0 as described in
the rpm.txt-Book(LFS-Hints) and rpm just works.
BUT after the installation I started KDE2 and
it behaved really strange. I could no longer
execute any programs. I couldnt even shut KDE2
down without going back to shell and killing the
process.
Maybe it has something to do with the Berkely
DB-3.1.17 package I installed, or maybe the
gnupg-1.0.4 package.
These two packages are described in the rpm.txt
and I installed them correctly.
I have no clue how to solve my problem.

Things I have done so far.
I reinstalled XFree 4.0.1 and KDE 2.0.1 but I
didnt help. When I start xfree with another
Windowmanager everything works fine, but when
I start KDE2, Xfree tells me that my system is
misconfigured, it cant even find my HOSTNAME.
But I declared HOSTNAME and any other variables
as described.
Hoping that YOU can help me.
Florian

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org