chroot error

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Dec 27 12:31:49 PST 2000

On December 26, 2000 06:46 pm, Daniel Roethlisberger wrote:
> > I have been successful up until page 93 of LFS 2.4.3. When I
> > run the command "chroot $LFS env -i HOME=/root bash --login" I
> > get this error "env: bash: No such file or directory" Anyone
> > have a solution? There is very little documentation on this
> > command.
>
> Then you haven't installed bash correctly. Verify that you've
> installed the bash package correctly, and that there is a
> $LFS/bin/bash binary.

Or just a path problem (I'm having the same here on Mandrake system I'm
currently converting to LFS). The way I enter chroot on that system is by
using full path names (this will be updated in the book too):

chroot $LFS /usr/bin/env -i HOME=/root /bin/bash --login

set $LFS or replace $LFS with /mnt/lfs or wherever LFS is mounted. 99.9%
chance that this will fix your entering chroot problem. Unless, of course,
bash really isn't installed in /mnt/lfs/bin

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org