NewsForge story

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Dec 27 12:41:30 PST 2000

> Gerard,
>
> This has totally destroyed the mental image I had of you. It's like
> meeting a DJ that you have listened to on the radio for years. Anyway,
> I'm glad things are going well. I too am a transplanted Dutchman (44
> years ago) and have also danced around with the INS here in the US. I
> lost my citizenship papers during a move. It took a full year and a
> steady stream of misinformation from them for me to get new papers. I
> was saved by one individual who went well out of his way to help me. I
> hope I never have to deal with that again. Thank you for your efforts.
> I'm grateful for the learning situation that you have created.

I'm sorry I didn't turn out the way you expected me to be ;) What did you
expect (I'm just curious) me to be like? Older? Not married?

And I have a great many stories too on the "steady stream of false
information from immigration bureaus". It's just a big mess. Once I thought I
finally received my work visa. Upon closer look it turned out the visa wasn't
meant for me, they put it in the wrong envelope.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org