NewsForge story

ken_i_m ken_i_m at elegantinnovations.com
Wed Dec 27 18:32:03 PST 2000

At 04:25 PM 12/27/00 -0500, Berry wrote:

> > I'm sorry I didn't turn out the way you expected me to be ;) What did you
> > expect (I'm just curious) me to be like? Older? Not married?
> >

>you know, I met my gf on a BBS... There was a line in the article about
>possibly having the ability to examine each other so thoroughly online
>that it eliminates doubt in real life.. you know, I think that that's
>true because I can see that in my own relationship...
>
>pretty cool...
>
>sorry, off topic... but I thought I'd just interject that...

I don't know how off topic it is since the article plays up the meeting
on-line pretty big. In fact, "...any warm blooded being must be at least
slightly more intrigued by the latter than the former, no matter how
Linux-obsessed they may be." The "latter" being referred to is the romance
angle.

I am too American to recognize Gerard's name as being Dutch. My
grandparents came over from Holland. My family name is Dyk. My father added
an "e" thus I spell my last name Dyke.

All my life I met my lady friends in bars except this current one. I met
her on-line. We have been together a year now and going strong.

Best wishes to you Gerard. Thank you for the most excellent opprotunity,
LinuxFromScratch.

I think, therefore, ken_i_m

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org