ext2fs slow?

Matthias Benkmann mbenkmann at gmx.de
Thu Dec 28 06:29:18 PST 2000

I got a new hard disk for Christmas and moved my LFS system to a 13GB
partition on the new hard disk. My problem is now that while mounting this
partition in read-only mode is fast, mounting it read-write takes many
seconds, at least when done the first time. This slows down booting a lot.
Is this an ext2fs problem? Mounting the vfat partition of the same size on
the same disk is fast.
I've seen ReiserFS mentioned around here several times. Is that one
mounted faster (I'm not concerned about faster fschks. I know that
ReiserFS is faster in that respect) ?

MSB

----
Digitize if possible - Eradicate if necessary!

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org