NewsForge story

Barry barry at hartford.uconn.edu
Thu Dec 28 09:29:01 PST 2000

ken_i_m wrote:

> >sorry, off topic... but I thought I'd just interject that...
>
> I don't know how off topic it is since the article plays up the meeting
> on-line pretty big. In fact, "...any warm blooded being must be at least
> slightly more intrigued by the latter than the former, no matter how
> Linux-obsessed they may be." The "latter" being referred to is the romance
> angle.

true true...

I just thought I'd add the disclaimer, or whatnot...

stop beating on me!@!@ - I was helping users! gaahahah...

er...I'm ok now :)

> I am too American to recognize Gerard's name as being Dutch. My
> grandparents came over from Holland. My family name is Dyk. My father added
> an "e" thus I spell my last name Dyke.

you know, I likely never would have known otherwise either.  Not that it
changes anything, but being American it's just hard to make assumptions
on stuff like this...so, I just stopped thinking about it...

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org