>&

Simon Perreault nomis80 at videotron.ca
Thu Dec 28 10:23:23 PST 2000

On Thursday 28 December 2000 09:29, Matthias Benkmann wrote:
> { command 3>&1 4>&2 1>&4 2>&3 | tee error.log ; } 2>&1 |tee main.log
>
> This sends stdout+stderr to the screen and into main.log. stderr alone is
> sent to error.log.
>
> If you don't need it to go on screen, you can use
>
> { command 3>&1 4>&2 1>&4 2>&3 | tee error.log ; } 2>&1 main.log
>
> I agree it's a bit complicated but I guess you can wrap it in a shell
> function.

Could you explain it a bit please? I spent a fair amout of time trying to
construct something like this, but I figured it must have been impossible. I
don't understand your redirections. How do you invert the stderror and stdout?

--
--Support your government, give Echelon / Carnivore something to parse--

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org