Printing under LFS

Roger deBry debry at ibm.net
Thu Dec 28 10:31:56 PST 2000

I have not been able to get printing to work on my LFS system. The Parport
driver seems to get loaded okay, but it does not discover the printer. As a
result, there is no printer defined to the system. Any hints on how to set
up
Parport so that it discovers the printer? I have read through the Print
HOWTO
- it discusses the /etc/modules/conf configuration file, but no such file
exists on my LFS system. The parport web site isn't much help either.

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org