ext2fs slow?

Matthias Benkmann mbenkmann at gmx.de
Thu Dec 28 12:33:06 PST 2000

> cleanly unmounted, please run e2fsck" stems from). ReiserFS is quicker with
> it and I've been using it for a few weeks now with great pleasure.

Does it give a feelable speed gain during normal operation. Let's take
compilation of glibc during an LFS installation for instance. That
accesses and creates a lot of files. Have you noticed any speed gain using
ReiserFS?

MSB

----
A psychologist is a man who watches everyone else when a beautiful
girl enters the room.

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org