Can't get past Bzip2

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Thu Dec 28 18:55:44 PST 2000

Yo,

On Wed, Dec 27, 2000 at 01:16:36PM -0500, barry at hartford.uconn.edu wrote:
> but, try binutils first.  I'm not sure about the flex problems.  That is
> rather baffling.  I'm curious to see if other people running Mandrake
> 7.2 have had similar problems.  Perhaps Mandrake 7.2 will be classified
> next to Red Hat 7.0 as not fit for development...shrug..

I can "certify" (uhh, typo? :) Mandrake 7.2 as useable out of the box,
as long as everything is installed.. i've build LFS more then once on my
new T-bird (don't ask why i would do it more then once.. :)

RH7 is just gross..i think someone would have to go out of there way to
make it just as bad as it :) (yeahyeah, i understand _why_ they did what
they did, i do not agree about how they when't about it thou :)

GCC 2.95.3 (a prerelease) is what MDK7.2 is using, which is a hell alot
of better then "GCC 2.9.6" as 2.95.3 (even if it isn't released yet) is
just bug fix release for 2.95.2.

-

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org