Help for lfs-hints conversion

Andy Goth andy at chainsaw.grimnok.com
Fri Dec 29 23:20:53 PST 2000

On Saturday, December 30, 2000 01:13, Simon Perreault wrote:
> I tried to do a simple sed script for too long now, it's 2h AM and
> I'm tired. I need a sed script to convert the .txt hints to .html
> hints (in content, not in filename). Here is basically what I need:
>
> expression to be matched:
> TITLE:\t\t
> (where \t is a tab)
>
> replacement expression:
> (where \n is a newline and \t is a tab)
>
> If someone can post a simple sed script to do that, I'll be eternally
> grateful.

To enter the \t's in bash, type Ctrl+V then press tab.  This disables bash's tendency to interpret tab as a request for command completion.  The \n's... hmm.  Lemme check if sed supports that directly.

Nope, not GNU sed.  I know little about sed, but I do know there's a way.  Hehehe.  sed's a toolbelt sized to fit Professor Klump.

--
That is all.

Andy Goth  |  unununium at openverse.org  |  uin: 35256418  | aim: Un111

--Support your government, give Echelon / Carnivore something to parse--
broadband IEEE PPP Tcl/Tk lag beast Open Source killer app LFS highos
mipmapping localhost Windows will die FTP TFTP UDP TCP IP ISDN ISP mp3
ogg Gerard Gates VPN PGP GPG 3DES cp/m Linux system compromise attack
DMCA MPAA destroy destruct disband the USDA SPCA Information Society
vorbis InterNic funky SSL presidential erections foreign host takeover
NFS CODA RPC RC-P90 DD44 PP7 PP7 (silenced) AK47 OSDN kernel panic Magic
SysRq fsck fsck.ext2 fsck.vfat fsck.pentagonfs fsck.up.the.pentagon.fs

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org