Help for lfs-hints conversion

Chris F.A. Johnson chris at home.com
Fri Dec 29 23:26:07 PST 2000

On Sat, 30 Dec 2000, Simon Perreault wrote:

> I tried to do a simple sed script for too long now, it's 2h AM and I'm tired.
> I need a sed script to convert the .txt hints to .html hints (in content, not
> in filename). Here is basically what I need:
>
> expression to be matched:
> TITLE:\t\t
> (where \t is a tab)
>
> replacement expression:
> (where \n is a newline and \t is a tab)
>
> If someone can post a simple sed script to do that, I'll be eternally
> grateful.

I have just joined this list, having downloaded LFS yesterday.
I've got it up and running, and was thinking about converting the hints to
HTML myself, though I would probably not use sed.

If you're interested in a shell script to do the conversion, I could have
it in a day or so.

Let me know of any special requirements, and I can get to work right away.

	Chris F.A. Johnson	    bq933 at torfree.net
	c.f.a.johnson at home.com	    http://cfaj.freeshell.org
	cfaj at freeshell.org	    http://members.home.net/c.f.a.johnson

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org