Rereading of .bash_profile

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Sat Dec 30 01:43:33 PST 2000

Yo,

On Sat, Dec 30, 2000 at 12:17:00AM -0800, WarmFuzzy wrote:
> .bash_profile now has -O3 with an "oh" and the programs are compiling
> without complaint (I am compiling Ncurses as we "speak"). So, yeah, I'm
> confused too. I was wondering if others were confused by the "is it a
> zero or an oh" thing. Maybe Jessie or Gerard can set us straight.

Jessie!?! Jess_i_e, ewww :) sorry old habit j/k :)
(don't worry, just teasing you)

Anyways, if you check the gcc manual -O is 'Optimization Options',
'These control various sorts of optimizations:' then goes on listing
each level (aka, -O0, -O1, -O2, -O3)

btw, like others have mentioned, it's 'source or '.' then give the shell
script or configuration file (.bashrc .bash_login .bash_profile
..bash_logout, etc) and yeah, 'source' and '.' are the same.

Executing sh or bash like someone metioned will actually spawn another
shell (so your running bash inside bash) which isn't re-reading the
configuration file.

-

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org