lfs-crash while copying via samba

Ghovs ghovs at ghovs.moo.ca
Sun Dec 31 06:09:39 PST 2000

On Sunday 31 December 2000 13:22, you wrote:
> with my NIC? should i change it?

It's most likely that the fritzcard is the bad thing in here.
I don't know if it IS that, for sure.
It is true however that linux will sometimes behave oddly with certain
combinations of network cards, despite only one of those cards being used.
Especially token ring cards cause mishaps like this, but others do as well.

Always test a configuration that uses more than just ethernet cards to see if
it will hang in huge data transfers (1GB and up in one go).

Ofcourse, upgrading your kernel is always worth a shot, too.

> what was that posting about proc (what did he want to tell me?)

Having your processor run at a faster speed than intel meant you to.

> > Yo,
> >
> > On Sun, Dec 31, 2000 at 12:43:06PM +0100, Matthias Minich wrote:
> > > what does that mean? and how do i fix it? the problem also occurs while
> > > transferring large amount of data via ftp (proftpd)
> >
> > it's a hardware issue.

rgds,
Peter de Freitas

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org