lfs-crash while copying via samba

Matthias Minich matthias at planet-minich.de
Sun Dec 31 07:52:58 PST 2000

hi again...

ok, i've changed my nic to an smc etherpower 10/100, but the problem
persists: after a larger amount of file-transfer the whole system hangs
without saying a word... after that (next reboot) i unloaded all modules of
the fritzcard (passive isdn-card) but still the same error. now i'm running
my p133 @ 75 mhz and look: the error changed! now just the eth0 failed to
work after some hundred megs transferred. ifconfig eth0 down and ifconfig
eth0 up enabled me to reach my other machines again. but after some other
megs of data... the same again!

any ideas? a virtual bottle of beer for the solution!!!
thanks in advance, matthias

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org